During my undergraduate studies at the University of Athens, Greece I joined the Photographic Sector of the university’s Students Cultural Association (POFPA). Between September of 2007 and June of 2008, I attended weekly intensive seminars that focused on the aesthetics and history of photography.
- I was offered an all-
encompassing introduction to Fine Art Photography and the work of the most influential photographers in the history of the medium.
- Read some of the most essential books on photography and went through many photobooks in the sector’s library.
- Learned composition rules and how to read images, and participated in discussions related to the aesthetics of photography.
- Was taught the basics of how to edit photographs using Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Participated in shooting sessions and weekend photo walks around the city that helped me train my eye and gain technical photography skills.
- Parallelly to the seminars, I attended hands-
on darkroom workshops and learned how to develop and print film.
At the end of the school year, I participated in POFPA’s annual student group photography exhibition which took place at the Athens University History Museum from June 02 to June 09, 2008. It was a great honor that one of my photographs was selected for the exhibition poster. I enjoyed and will miss my time at POFPA!